Paper Guide | Support Guides | Image Magic Malaysia
Three main factors that determine the paper choices when you make your print order.
- Paper thickness
- Standard paper stocks
- Special coated paper stock
The standard way of expressing the thickness and density of paper is to refer to its "weight". Paper is give a weight value known as "gsm" or gram per square meter. Here a guide to what weight of paper tends to be used for certain applications:
- Simili paper between 80gsm and 100gsm is often use as letterhead or photocopy paper.
- Artpaper range from 105gsm - 157gsm is often used for flyer, brochure and booklet.
- Artcard 210gsm - 350gsm is often used for booklet cover, business card, menus.
- Uncoated Card like Ivory Card 250gsm is normally used for loyalty business card, coupon business card, postcard or wedding invitation card.
- Poladon 250gsm is speciality card which is ivory cream metallic shinning suitable for greeting cards and business card.
- Recycle Paper Conservation FSC is popular for booklet and perfect bind book. The type of paper for novel book.
- PVC Synthetic paper which is waterproof and tear-proof is suitable for printing menu.
Art Card Type
Conquerer Laid Brilliant White
Modigliani Candido FSC
Kraft Board 350gsm
Conservation FSC 216gsm
Ivory White 250gsm
PVC Synthetic 210gsm
Simili paper(woodfree) is an uncoated paper with matt finish. It is easy to write with pen or pencil.Usage for letterhead and document print.
Best usage for brochure, leaftlet and booklet. The gloss surface helps to bring out bright color in print. Not suitable for writing as ink may smudge.
Provide rustic matt finish, popular with brands that lean toward vintage, homemade, organic and eco-friendly values. The Kraft card is recyclable.
PVC Synthetic is waterproof, tearproof material. It bright opaque and can be printed just like paper. Ideal to use for waterproof menu, placemats and tagging.
Finishing - Lamination
We offer 2 types of lamination which is gloss or matt.
Normal without Lamination
Glassy shine and protective layer, gloss lamination is great quality finish that makes your bright color shine.
Matt Lamination adds a layer of matt look with layer of protection to your prints. Perfect for darker color.